Basil care self watering
Potted Herb Care
- Indirect sunlight
- Warm environment
1. Remove herb from pack & place into our self watering pot.
2. Fill the pot with water.
3. Refill when water is below level of terracotta disc.
- Full sunlight
- Water lightly
If you want your basil to keep growing, you have to take it outdoors.
1. Plant it in the ground, sheltered from wind. If kept in a balcony is best to repot to a bigger pot.
2. If too hot, water it every day. If the leaves start to fade and droop, you need to water immediately.
3. Add general plant food to the water every second week.
When to Harvest
You can pick the shoots regularly for culinary purposes.
It is important that you never cut the stem directly above ground, only the upper, fresh shoots.
Basil is an annual plant, so after it has flowered and seeded, it dies. Harvest outdoor basil before the first frosts.
How to Freeze
Blanch In boiling water for 2 seconds.
2. Ice Bath
Transfer the leaves to an ice bath.
3. Dry & Freeze
Dry & store in a freezer container, separating the layers.
Cut Herb Care
- Do not refrigerate basil
1. Keep the product in it’s mini-greenhouse packaging.
2. Snip off what you need and continue to properly store the remainder.
3. Keep Basil at 10° – 15°
How to enjoy it
Before use, rinse under cold running water.
Once you have picked the Basil leaves it is better to tear rather than cut them, as the edges may turn black.
The stems of basil are great for use in stocks & sauces.