Smells a little peppery with a touch of anise & clove with long arched leaves.
It is originally from south Asia being Sweet basil the most common.
Proudly grown in Ireland.
Adds Wonderful Flavour to
Basil herb keeps you Healthy & Fresh
1. Contains antioxidants (Vitamin A)
2. Acts as anti-Inflammatory (Vitamin K)
3. Inhibits moods swings (Vitamin C)
4. Boosts the brain production of dopamine & serotonin (Iron)
5. Improves digestion (Magnesium)
Source: USDA National Nutrient data base
Basil Top Tips for Winter
Apricots, goats cheese & basil salad drizzled in honey.
Add freshly chopped basil to a tomato and chickpea soup with carrots, lentils and the juice of an orange.
Add chopped basil to a chocolate brownie mix for a delicious twist.