Cool, fresh, crisp menthol flavour. Teardrop leaves with jagged edges.
Two well know species: peppermint and spearmint.
Native to Europe and Asia.
Adds Wonderful Flavour to
Keeps you Healthy & Fresh
1. Soothe a sore throat (Vitamin A)
2. Reduces stomach aches (Vitamin C)
3. Freshens breath (Manganese)
4. Releases tight muscles (Iron)
5. Antioxidant properties (Magnesium)
Source: USDA National Nutrient data base
Mint Top Tips for Winter
Use sprigs of fresh mint to decorate carrot cake, to add depth and flavour.
Combine mint in chocolate in desserts such as mint-chocolate chip ice cream, flourless chocolate cake with mint-infused custard sauce.
A refreshing mint tea can be made by steeping the fresh leaves in hot water!