The taste is a cross between sage &lavender with a touch of ginger & camphor.
Needles like leaves, Dark green on top and silver underneath.
Native to the Mediterranean & Asia.
Adds Wonderful Flavour to
Keeps you Healthy & Fresh
1. High in antioxidants (Vitamin A)
2. Balance hormones in the body (Vitamin C)
3. Enhancing memory & concentration(Iron)
4. Helps detoxification (Calcium)
5. Antibacterial & antiseptic oils (Vitamin B6)
Source: USDA National Nutrient data base
Rosemary Top Tips for Winter
For beautiful tea cookies, fan 3 needles on raw butter or sugar cookie dough slices before baking.
Puree the leaves with olive oil and use as a dipping sauce for bread.
Add 1 tbsp chopped rosemary to 500ml milk and warm it gently until almost boiling. Cover and allow to cool then, strain and use for custards and bread and butter pudding.