Menthol, slightly sage-like taste, with a similar warm & pungent aroma.
Small, round, silver-green leaves. Citrus & pepper notes.
Native to the Mediterranean & Southern Europe.
Adds Wonderful Flavour to
- Lima beans
Keeps you Healthy & Fresh
1. Maintain a healthy vascular system (Vitamin K)
2. Soften coughs (Vitamin C)
3. Antiseptic & anti-fungal properties (Iron)
4. Highest antioxidant levels (Vitamin B6)
5. Helps with acne (Manganese)
Source: USDA National Nutrient data base
Thyme Top Tips for Winter
Beautiful Thyme flowers are edible, and can be used as a garnish for both sweet and savoury dishes!
Sprinkle thyme leaves over tomato halves with a little sea salt, sugar and olive oil then slowly dry in the oven at 100ºC for 2 hours. This makes a great accompaniment to white fish and salad.
Why not tie a bundle of thyme as you let simmer with and then take out of your soup or stew before serving?